Sunday, November 30, 2008

What's Next?

Our spring slot is OPEN to suggestion. Anything is possible. Nothing is currently set in stone. Our reserved show dates are May 1 - 9. So, kids, what play would you like to be a part of next at Woodmont High? JCS is out (for now). I have some ideas, and I'm currently focusing on one. I've mentioned Peter Pan to a few of you and I think this would be a good choice, however difficult, but this is not yet a final decision. What else could we take on? Remember, Twilight, The Nightmare Before Christmas, and Star Wars are NOT plays. I will also preemptively VETO High School Musical, Grease, and Oklahoma. All serious suggestions will be taken into consideration, and may appear in the near future if not in the spring. So . . . what's next?

8 comments:

Unknown said...

A Funny Thing Happened On The Way To The Forum; City of Angels; Noises Off; The Comedy of Errors

That should start you off, Mr. Ragland. We talked about "Forum" and "City of Angels" before. I like the idea of "Noises Off," that would be pretty fun to do. And "Errors" is Shakespeare, I put that on there because we did Macbeth.

Hope it helps some. I'll probably look for more later.

-Chad

Anonymous said...

Wow! I can't wait to see what comes up here! There are lots of things to choose from...I still like Bye Bye Birdie.

Unknown said...

:(

Anonymous said...

I'm new at this and I'm not sure of the "rules" of producing a play. My favorite that I have seen is Lion King but I liked Hairspray, Chicago, Mama Mia, Rent, and Phantom.

I'm no help... Hook could be a neat version of Peter Pan.

Anonymous said...

take a look at this website www.pioneerdrama.com/plays-full.asp

These look interesting:

The Last Gladiator
Legend of Sleepy Hollow
Lizzie Borden of Fall River
Robin Hood
Lady Dracula
Hamlet
Dracula
The Best Haunted House Ever
Ax of Murder

I know you will pick something great!

Anonymous said...

sweeney todd

Anonymous said...

little shop of horrors

Anonymous said...

I think you should to The crucible.It would be a great play to do,and a lot of teachers would get involved.