Tuesday, November 11, 2008

An Empty Stage = An Empty Canvas


This past Sunday we struck the set of Macbeth. It was depressing to see our world totally disappear in 12 hours. Our good friends Steffany and Amber Bankenbusch are also leaving us for Texas. The end of a show is always a sad time for me and the only way to overcome it is with a new show. Strike was a lot of fun and we could not have done it without Coach Bill Horn. A big thanks to you, Horn. We are thankful to have you on our team. Thanks to the students who stayed late (Pierce) and helped us clear the stage for the pageant. I already miss this show. Yall were such a perfect ensemble and totally professional. I hope to create that again in the spring. What will we tackle in the spring, you ask? Not sure yet. Something big that we can figure out together. I love you all and I can't wait to create our next masterpiece on this giant black canvas. BRAVO!



3 comments:

Banquo said...

Macbeth was awesome and I will miss it so much so many good memorys and good things that happened, can't wait for the next one like you said the only cure is more and thats what we all want now!

Anonymous said...

there's not anything much more addictive than theatre! You are always wondering, "what am I going to be a part of next?!" Love you guys!

Anonymous said...

These plays and actors are so good that I wish we could have three a year. How long do we have to wait for the next one?

I'm addicted too! Seeing our students perform and create sets at this magnitude is so incredible! Woodmont teachers and students are the BEST on the planet!

Countdown to spring starts now...

A. Jenkins