Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Way to go, Shawn!

Congratulations to Mr. Shawn Simmons for winning this year's DRAMA AWARD for his outstanding performance as Macbeth. Shawn also starred as Antinous and Polyphemus in The Odyssey and as Shere Khan in The Jungle Book and is an innaugural member of our Troupe 7407 of the International Thespian Society. He will be attending Berea College in Kentucky to pursue a degree in Theatre. We wish him the very best and look forward to seeing him on stage in the future. We'll miss ya, buddy!

The Wildcat Players Drama Award is given to one student annually for outstanding performance in one or more productions. It can be awarded to any student in any grade level. Winners of this award include both Shawn and Matt Coker.

Next year an additional award will be given within our honor society . . . Best Thespian!

Who will be honored next year? Will it be you?

2 comments:

donna norman said...

Good luck Shawn! We will miss you, but we do expect you to keep in touch via email. DO NOT MAKE me and Mr. Ragland have to come to Kentucky! LOL!

Anonymous said...

You didn't give me a congratulatory blog spot! hahaha. I love this guy. I've had the best of times being in productions with Shawn. I'm never gonna forget our up's and down's, and our inside jokes among friends. I already miss him.

He's like Will Smith, and I'm Tommy Lee Jones.
LOVE YOU SHAWN.