Wednesday, May 27, 2009

New Year, New Adventures


We're already making big plans for next year, and let me tell you - it's going to be a busy one. As many of you already know, I've chosen to produce The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe in the fall. This was one of my favorite books as a child, and I think that we can pull off one heck of a production. Go ahead and start researching it now. I suggest reading the entire series. I've chosen Joseph Robinette's script and already we are assembling a great creative team: Donna Norman as stage manager, Guy Perticone as lighting designer and special effects consultant, Beth King as head costumer, and Steffany Bankenbusch has also agreed to design costumes all the way from Texas. We've already purchased the rights for 12 performances in October and November (yes, 12).
Also, we'll be forming our very own booster club! Woo! We will call it the Woodmont High School Theatre Guild, and all of our fundraising activities will be run through this new organization.
I will be teaching drama full-time next year, and I can't tell you how excited I am to be doing this. I'll be teaching 4 sections of Drama 1, 1 Drama 2, and 1 Drama 3H/4H combined. I'll also have a new classroom down the hall. This is the first time in the history of our school that we will have a full-time drama position. How cool is that?
Next year will also be the first time we tackle a MUSICAL! This is a whole 'nother can of worms, folks. It will happen in the spring and I am up for suggestions. I'm leaning towards Little Shop of Horrors. Do you have any better ideas? I'm looking to sell our auditorium out. What are your thoughts?

No comments: