Sunday, October 5, 2008

Set Build

This weekend we started really working on our Macbeth set. We had an amazing turnout of volunteers made up of students, parents, and faculty. I honestly could not believe how much we got done in just 2 days! It's all about teamwork, folks! Above is a picture of my set model. Roxane Pittman took this, drew up plans, we bought the materials, and already we've finished the stage extension, the upstage platform, AND painted them. Wow. Thanks to the Pittman family for coordinating the build. Thanks also to the cast members who showed up to work. I was really impressed and grateful. Some of you even came both days (Wesley, John, Rabecca, Amber, Steffany, and Stephen). Your level of commitment beyond rehearsal is to be applauded. You kids rock. I can't wait til next weekend!


5 comments:

ChemicalChick said...

Can't wait to see the progress!
I had to work all weekend...
:[

Wish I could've helped!

Friday was awesome, though.
Ha.
LOTS OF WOOD!
Those pictures need to get on here.

-ROSS!

prabon said...

I would just like to point out that despite not being there on Sunday I was at school at 8:30am Saturday while you were out getting a biscuit.

Anonymous said...

Me, I'm always glad to be able to help. Right now, I'm just trying to figure out HOW to get JLMann's Genie and straddle kit to Woodmont so we can focus the front of house lights (that's the one on the pipe y'all like to bring up and down!)

Banquo said...

Yea working after school is fun!
Will be there every Saturday and Sunday when needed, it so beats siting at home and doing nothing alone, now I get to hang out with some of the coolest people in the world. *Would like to note to Mr.Ragland that my writing is perfect this post because I revised it...I WILL BE THE NEXT BEST JOURNALIST*

SarahHavok said...

John, your post is not perfect. You spelled "sitting" wrong.
xD
I plan to help out tomorrow if I can.